Provost's Collaborative Research Grants
The Provost’s Collaborative Research Grants are intended to help faculty with research and scholarly production.
Faculty who apply for this grant may receive up to $2,000. Collaboration between two or more researchers and cross-disciplinary research is highly encouraged and will be considered with preference for anyone who applies for this grant. Recipients of the grants will be notified in early November, and will have until June 30, 2017, to use the awarded funds.
Applicants can be either junior or senior faculty actively pursuing a research agenda.
- New study collaborations across colleges
- Strong interdisciplinary teams
- Junior faculty with strong senior faculty mentoring
Faculty may choose to collaborate with graduate/undergraduate students on a research project, but it must be the faculty member who applies for the grant and directs the project.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit:
- Two page summary vita of relevant previous research
- Statement of the impact this grant will make on the research agenda of the faculty
- Research proposal, including the purpose, potential impact of the research and methods (no more than two pages)
- Detailed budget
- Expected outcomes/deliverables from the grant
- Articulated plans for further research and publishing
The deadline to apply for the Provost’s Research Grants Program is November 7th. Applications must meet all guidelines to be considered.