Faculty Appreciation Week
"The purpose of Faculty Appreciation Week is simply to acknowledge the sustained and dedicated efforts of our university’s greatest resource, the faculty."- Dr. Ro Di Brezzo
Vice Provost of Faculty Development and Enhancement
To see what students have shared, visit thanks.uark.edu.
Faculty Appreciation Week 2016 Schedule
Faculty Appreciation Week events are listed in the Faculty Development Calendar and include:
- "Teaching Lessons Learned Along the Way: An Emeritus Faculty Panel Discussion," 3 to 4 p.m., Monday, April 4, Giffels Auditorium
- Faculty Appreciation Ice Cream Social, 2 to 4 p.m., Wednesday, April 6, Union Mall
- "The First 100 Days and Beyond: An Update on Campus Planning and Goal Setting," Chancellor Joseph E. Steinmetz, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 6, Giffels Auditorium
- Faculty Appreciation Cookout, 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday, April 7, Old Main Lawn
- Faculty Reception, with food, beverages and music, 5 to 6:30 p.m., Thursday, April 7, Janelle Y. Hembree Alumni House
- Faculty Appreciation Ice Cream Social, 6 p.m., Thursday, April 7, Pomfret Hall - Great Room
- Faculty Appreciation Ice Cream Social, 1 to 3 p.m., Friday, April 8, Union Mall
Faculty Appreciation Week 2016 Discounts
Chartwells is offering a week-long 20% discount at the following locations on campus: Au Bon Pain Bakery Cafés in the Arkansas Union and Champion Hall, Peabody Perks in Peabody Hall, Einstein Bros. Bagels in Willard Walker and Bell Hall, and Starbucks. Faculty can get the discount by presenting their University I.D.
Throughout the week’s celebration, faculty will receive discounts at the University Bookstore and an extension on the "Friday $6 lunch deal" from Chartwells.
University Recreation will provide discounts of 17% off UREC memberships, $40 per hour massages (a $10 an hour discount) at the HPER building, free equipment rental, and free body assessment on the new InBody machine at the Donna Axum Fitness Center during Faculty Appreciation Week.
The Hog Heaven store in Bud Walton Arena will offer a 25% discount to faculty with a valid ID throughout the week. The store is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Razorback athletics will show their support for faculty members at the women's tennis match at noon on Friday, April 8, and the softball game at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 9. Admission to the tennis match at the George M. Billingsley Tennis Center is free, and the first 50 faculty members to attend will receive a free sandwich from Chick-Fil-A. Later this month, faculty members will receive an email with a printable ticket voucher (2 complimentary tickets) to the softball game on Saturday, April 9. Additionally, a faculty member will be selected to throw the first pitch. The athletics department will also hang a banner over Razorback Road during the week, and show support for the faculty with a "Thank You" image on the giant screen at the Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
Faculty Appreciation Week 2016 Sponsors
Thanks to our sponsors for showing your support during Faculty Appreciation Week!